Monday, November 1, 2010

C4T Summary Teacher #3

Male Teacher


I have been following Mr. John T. Spencer. His blog is very interesting.

On October 24, 2010, he posted "What Testing Does to Good Teachers." In this post, he talks about how crazy standardized testing makes teachers. The scores on these tests affect the way people look at teachers. It should not be this way. In my comment, I told him that I have noticed how crazy teachers get during this testing time. I have seen this through substitute teaching. I brought up that sometimes kids freeze up on tests, and this is something we have to recognize.

On October 30, 2010, he posted "Failure Is Part of Science." This post talked about learning that things do not always go as planned. His kids were doing independent science projects and were getting frustrated because the outcomes were not as they had expected. I told him that this was something I think we all experience. This is a great way to learn all about the scientific method.

Mr. Spencer's blog is a great read. Everyone should check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment