Sunday, December 5, 2010

C4T Summary Teacher #4

#1 Teacher








I have been following Bill Ferriter. Mr. Ferriter is a 6th grade language arts teacher from North Carolina.

On November 14. 2010, Mr. Ferriter created a post entited "The Importance of a PLN..." In this post, Mr. Ferriter explains how important a PLN is. He uses Twitter as an example of building a PLN. He explains how important it is to be able to collaborate with people you never would have been able to talk to otherwise.
In my comment to this post, I explained that I was created my own PLN at the moment. I was honest and told Mr. Ferriter that, before reading his post, I was not grasping the importance of a PLN, mainly because I am so used to my own style of learning. I told him that his post really clarified things, and I thanked him for that.

On December 1, 2010, Mr. Ferriter created a post entitled "New CTQ Report on Teacher Working Conditions." This post focused on reports from the Center for Teaching Quality. Mr. Ferriter talked about mentoring programs and how these programs should stay in place for new teachers. Mr. Ferriter also talked about policymakers making decisions on how to better schools, but never taking the time to listen to real teachers.
In my comment to this post, I commended Mr. Ferriter for speaking about these policymakers. In my opinion, it makes absolutely no sense to make try to better a school if you do not understand the real issues. I also commented on the mentoring programs. I think it is very important for people to have mentors.

Mr. Ferriter's blog addresses some very important issues. I think everyone should read over this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment