Sunday, September 12, 2010

C4T Summary #1

Book






I have been following Mrs. Paige Baggett. She is an assistant professor at South Alabama in the College of Education.

The first post of Mrs. Baggett's that I read and commented on was posted on August 16, 2010 and was entitled "Chuck Close." In this post, there was a video called "Chuck Close: A Portrait in Progress." In this video, we are introduced to an artist named Chuck Close. We get a look at his talents concerning portraits and hear some of his views on his work. I commented on this post and told Mrs. Baggett how this video made me feel. The words that follow are a summary of what I told her. While watching this video, I became mesmerized by the lifelike qualities of his portraits. His work spoke to me because I could see how much he cared about his work just by looking at the details of his art. I also noticed that Chuck Close sat in a wheel chair, and I felt a connection because I, too, work to continue to do what I love while facing medical issues. Chuck Close is a very inspiring artist.

The second post that I read and commented on was posed on September 10, 2010 and was called "Arts Field Experience Reflections." This post talked of an assignment that Mrs. Baggett has her students do. It is a field experience assignment concerning an artistic even. They must attend an event, whether it be a dance, music, theater, or visual art event. She also revealed that she doesn't make her students do anything she wouldn't do, so she shared her experience at the LoDa Artwalk. I commented on this post and explained to Mrs. Baggett that this event would definitely be something that I would be interested in. I also gave her a notion that I had become familiar with. I told her that I have noticed that some people aren't very willing to go outside of their comfort zones, so when they have to go to an artistic event for a class, it opens their mind to something they may not have chosen for themselves.

If you would like to visit Paige Baggett's blog, here is the URL.
http://ponderingpaige.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment